Tuesday, August 7, 2012

German home decor Teil whatever


Right now I am sitting in my living room pondering the new sofa covers.  Do they look right?  Are those pillows too light?  How is it that after months of painstaking making my living room perfect on a miniscule budget H suddenly gets it into his head that he'd rather buy new sofa covers instead of washing the white ones?  I spent months agonizing over my living room and now this.  Hmmm.  I'm going to miss the white couch but in three months Sophie will start eating solid foods.  Do you think a white sofa could survive that?  Or a toddler?  And a drooling dog?  Probably not. 

Then there is this trip to Prague.  We were going on the trip, then we weren't and now we are again.  Maybe.  Except some people do not want to be in the car for more than four hours at a time which means it will take two days to get to Prague and two days to get back.  That's a lot of travel days.  Maybe it's ok because we could spend two days in Berlin and I like Berlin?  It's times like this that I wish I was under a cloud that rained money.  How else am I going to afford three vacations in a six month time period?  And yes, I know how that sounds but these three vacations are all very important to me.  One is going to Prague with my parents, one is going home for Christmas for the first time in two years (!) and one is a long overdue family vacation after H gets back from his four month long business trip.  The Prague trip is the least important and therefore the most likely to get axed.  (sorry Mom)

All I've wanted to do all week is pour bath salts into my giant bath tub, get a glass of wine and soak soak soak while I read the last book in the hunger game trilogy.  Talk about lazy.  I can't let go of the feeling that this is probably the last chance I'll get to do absolutely nothing until next year.

At the ages of 30 H and I finally got a set of matching dishes and flatware.  I consider it our five year wedding anniversary gift to each other.  We've been together for seven years.  That's a long time right?  I know it's good stuff because H left a plate on the arm of the sofa and, of course, I knocked it over but it didn't break. 

 These dishes need to be tough if they are going to survive us.

Oh yeah, remember those beautiful orchids I bought?  I might have forgotten about them and they might have died.  No more house plants for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment