- your daughter does nothing but pull your hair day and night
- you accidentally dip your hair in your coffee in the morning
- you accidentally razor the tips off while shaving your legs
- your accidentally dip your hair in your ketchup while eating fries
- your ponytail looks exactly like a pony's tail
- you wear it up or pulled back all the time
- your roots have grown out some much you're ombre
- your hair poses a strangulation risk while co sleeping
- you dread washing, blow drying and styling days
- you shudder when looking at your ends in sunlight
Anyway, I go through cycles of growing my hair out really long, getting sick of it, cutting it and then growing it out super long again. It was time for a cut.
I asked friends and got a recommendation for a salon with English speaking stylists. I'd been going to only German speaking stylists for years. Explaining what I want in German never seems to work out. Maybe the layers are good but the cut is off or the cut is ok but the color is too warm. I was excited to try a place where I could speak English.
Not only did I get a great cut and color but everyone at the salon was really nice and friendly. My hair is a much more manageable length and the color is good. Ok, the color is a teensie bit too warm but the stylist knew that and offered to fix it but I didn't really have time. Still, I will definitely go back.
Looks like May is my lucky month.